New residence hall to provide housing for 220 students
Bridgeport, CT, June 23, 2015 (Newswire.com) - The University of Bridgeport has called on KBE Building Corporation once again to help build its ever-expanding campus.
KBE is serving as Construction Manager at Risk for the campus’s newest residence hall, which will encompass four stories and 60,000 s/f to provide housing for 220 students through a variety of configurations.
· Residences to include suites and traditional bedrooms, along with common rooms and student support services
· Design features to include a steeply pitched roof with wide overhangs and a facade of brick on the first story and siding on the upper floors
· Scope of work also includes demolition of the adjacent Schine Hall to provide student parking as well as sitework for the new construction
Scheduled for completion in summer 2016, the new building is a block-and-plank structure with pre-fabricated metal roof trusses topped with asphalt shingles. Building heating will be supplemented through connections to the University's existing Fuel Cell building and a heat exchanger to take advantage of excess heat produced by the Fuel Cell building.
Legacy of Success at the University
KBE has worked with the University of Bridgeport on 16 projects since 2005. Among them are
· new construction of the Ernest C. Trefz School of Business;
· renovations to the Fones School of Dental Hygiene;
· renovations to Mandeville Hall;
· campus-wide utility and IT infrastructure upgrades;
· new laboratories; and
· new athletic fields.
About KBE Building Corporation
Regionally located in Norwalk, CT, Farmington, CT, and Columbia, MD, KBE Building Corporation is a full-service, single-source commercial construction company strategically positioned to serve the Eastern and Mid-Atlantic U.S. Founded in 1959 and incorporated in 1966, the firm provides preconstruction, construction management, design-build, and general contracting services to clients in the educational, senior living, federal, corporate, hospitality, health care, institutional, and retail markets. KBE has managed more than $2.5 billion in construction volume over the last decade and is ranked among Engineering News-Record magazine's top 400 construction companies nationally. Learn more at www.kbebuilding.com.
Media Contact: Jonelle Lawhorn | KBE Director of Marketing
t: 860.284.7431| c: 860.836.7517 | f: 860.284.7831 | e: email@example.com